Wash Your Face With Warm Water And Gentle Skin Cleanser.
As part of treating dry skin under the nose, the first step should be cleaning this region to eliminate soil and dead skin deposits. Dry, flaking skin can quickly lead to serious injuries and disease outbreaks; keeping this region clean is therefore paramount for effective healing.
- Avoid harsh cleansers that could further dehydrate your skin by opting for chemicals with added creams or gentle cleansers with added oils.
- Keep away from antibacterial cleansers or chemical products with scent or liquor as these could exacerbate dryness.
Pat Dry The Skin Gently.
Pat your skin dry gently. Do not rub, scour, or use an unforgiving towel when drying it as this could further exacerbate skin problems. For optimal results use a soft, delicate towel and gently wipe away under-nose skin with care.
Press An Ice Cube Over The Area To Reduce Inflammation.
If the skin in front of you is red, enlarged and hard (excited), apply an ice 3D shape wrapped in paper towel for several moments over it to soothe irritation and torment. This may help ease inflammation.
- Avoid applying an ice solid shape directly on the skin as this could increase skin damage. Instead, place it inside an appropriate paper towel or fabric.
- If your skin is just dry with no signs of redness, swelling, or pain, you can skip over icing altogether and move straight to step 2.
Moisturize The Skin Under The Nose
Creams and balms help your skin retain the water that naturally exists within its layers by sealing in moisture from outside sources, keeping its regular dampness level steady. Apply a rich hydrating cream under the nose.
- Use thicker or hypoallergenic lotions (for instance Eucerin and Cetaphil). Most creams won’t penetrate deep enough into dry patches of skin to give you relief, though they may still work on larger portions of your body.
- Avoid lotions containing aromatic elements, liquor, retinoids or alpha-hydroxy corrosive (AHA).
- Try to avoid over-the-counter soothing creams or moisturizers that contain synthetics that could further irritate your skin, such as creams that cause itching. If one becomes uncomfortable and causes tingling or consumption, discontinue use immediately.