At the end of each day, it’s advisable to remove makeup to protect both yourself and the environment from potential health risks. Sleeping with makeup on can clog and expand pores causing discomfort or contaminations if left on overnight. To avoid irritations or contaminations, remove cosmetics in a similar fashion to when cleaning up.
Using A Steam Bath To Open Up Pores
- Consider using a steam shower. Estheticians recommend steam for opening up pores to help cleanse them out, helping you look your best without breaking out in acne breakouts.
- Clearing away your pores is one way of minimizing their appearance.
- Steam therapy is an inconspicuous yet safe and all-natural way of shrinking pores.
- Add spices and fragrant oils for an enchanting steam shower experience.
- Spas often employ steam showers as an effective treatment for large pores prior to providing facial services.
2. Bring some water to a boil in a pot or pan on the oven – enough heat will be generated so as to allow steam production.
- Make sure that you heat enough water in a larger pot in order to create enough steam for a steam shower experience.
- Make sure the water temperature is high enough for steam production or else this strategy won’t work effectively.
- Once it begins to steam, take steps to drain off the hotness.
3. Add dried flower petals, fragrant spices or essential oils to the water as desired – you may choose from an array of spices and flavors depending on your personal tastes.
- Estheticians recommend basil, mint, rosemary and lavender for their aromatic benefits in creating an environment conducive to relaxation.
- If you prefer different spices or flavors, these can also be added into your recipe.
- Orange strips or lemon strips may add further aroma.
4. Cover the bowl containing spices with water by wrapping a towel around it – this will help catch any steam that escapes during preparation.
- Allow this mixture to sit for five minutes.
- Spending some time inactive can assist your spices with soaking, while simultaneously creating steam.
- Avoid leaving the bowl sitting for too long as this could cause its contents to cool rapidly and result in steam loss.
5. Carefully lift the towel off of the bowl. Gradually move your face over the steam.
- Spend 10-12 minutes doing this, breathing in the sweet-scented fragrances.
- Steam will provide oxygen and moisture directly to your skin, thus rejuvenating its cells and providing relief from congestion and dryness.
- Steam’s combination of moisture and oxygen will assist in opening your pores for cleaning purposes, aiding your cleansing.
6 Use lukewarm water to rinse your face of any oils or debris released during your steam bath session, such as loose skin flakes. This will allow for thorough cleansing.
- Avoid water that is either too hot or too cold for optimal use.
- Wipe your go head to head with a clean, dry towel.
- After taking a steam shower, it is wise to avoid applying any lotions or other oily items on your skin, as these could re-clog your pores.