If you want your skin to become paler, natural products can help lighten it without the harsh side-effects caused by artificial brightening products. Simply avoiding sun exposure will also keep it from darkening more dramatically; no miraculous potion exists that will lighten more than two shades at once; set realistic expectations. Remember that brown complexion is beautiful.
Utilizing Natural Lighteners
1 Apply A Lemon Juice Solution.
Lemon juice has long been used as a natural skin lightener. Its powerful acids penetrate deeply, gently whitening skin while dislodging more dense cells from its surface layer. Since pure lemon juice may irritate sensitive skin, create an infusion by mixing one part lemon juice to one part water and using cotton balls to spread this solution across your complexion for 15 minutes before washing off with warm water.
- Set limits on your lemon juice solutions usage – more frequent usage could lead to skin disturbance. When washing off lemon juice solutions, use lotion afterwards in case the lemon juice dries out your skin.
- Once you begin using lemon juice regularly, results should start showing within three to four months. While lemon juice doesn’t provide instantaneous lightening effects, it remains one of the best natural solutions available.
- Be wary if you decide to apply any type of citrus juice directly onto your skin. Phytophotodermatitis can occur as the result of UV light reacting with photosynthesizing compounds found in citrus fruits; while lemon juice may be safe to use on skin before heading outdoors. Wash it off completely prior to going outdoors.
2 Attempt A Lemon Milk Drench.
Start with drawing a shower of warm water. Pour full-fat milk and lemon juice into the tub. Make sure that they mix evenly before taking a 20-minute soak under the shower, at which point flush yourself off with fresh water to finish your treatment.
- Milk in this splash contains catalysts that gently soothe skin. Furthermore, its moisturizing effects help counterbalance any potential drying effects of lemon juice.
- Try doing a milk splash once every week for at least a month to see results.
3 Make A Yogurt Honey Mask
Milk contains compounds that can softly soothe skin. Nectar provides moisture and antibacterial protection; combined together these two components form an effective protective veil. Mix one part nectar and one part yogurt then apply all over and body for 15 minutes before washing off with warm water.
- Be sure to use only plain, unsweetened yogurt; otherwise it could end up tasting overly tart or salty.
- Instead of nectar, why not give avocado and aloe vera juice a try as sources of moisture? Both ingredients offer wonderful hydrating effects!
4 Apply A Lightening Paste
Make a natural skin lightening paste out of common ingredients by creating a thick glue that uses natural components for lightening skin tone. Spread this on newly washed faces for 15 minutes after which time flush it away using hot water – here are two recipes for natural lightening glues:
- Gram flour glue. Combine 1/4 cup of gram flour in a bowl with enough lemon juice or milk to form a thick glue.
- Turmeric glue. Pour one tablespoon (14.8 ml) of turmeric into a bowl. Combine with enough lemon juice or milk to form a thick glue-like substance.